Monday, October 27, 2008

Second Observation

My second observation was a bit more diverse in organism activity. A little less than a fourth of the water I had added to my tank had been lost. I added more water from a bottle in the lab and observed my tank underneath the microscope lens once again.

The first organism I observed was a Juvenile Cyclops. Its "body" was a round shape with several appendages. The appendages seemed to have "tendrils" coming off of them to help in movement.
This is the adult stage of the cyclops.

I observed several other organisms during this time, but was not able to classify them at that time. I will search more and update this information next time I post. I will say that one did look like a snake. Ha. Next post coming soon. Get excited. Pictures are coming.

No comments: