Monday, October 27, 2008

Week One

In week one, I added water from the tank labeled number ten. I then added plants A and B. I observed my little fish tank under a microscope for several minutes afterwards. I found few organisms at first. I observed only two on the first day.

One of the organisms was an Ostracod. It would pause for a moment, acting as if it was sifting through the dirt in the tank, then would speed off. Second, I observed a Daphnia. A smaller, rounder organism than the Ostracod, it was also faster moving than the first.
This is an example of an Ostracod.

It was interesting to be able to see the insides of these oragnisms working while the organisms were still. It almost seemed as if their insides were gyrating. I then placed the lid on my little fish tank and put it away.

No comments: